Monday, August 16, 2010

5 months...and what a way to celebrate....

Yesterday August 15, 2010 marked the 5 month birthday of my baby boy. Its hard to believe, it seems so long ago but then seems like just yesterday. What I wouldn't give to live those 5 days with him again, me and him in our place my "heaven" as I like to call it. Its hard to remember all the details and it makes me sad that my memory can diminish in such a small amount of time. I feel I need to grasp onto the small nuggets that I do remember. Hoping and praying I will never ever forget them. Sometimes I just ask God "please can we wind back time, just for a minute :) "
Lucky for me we have an open adoption and I can create so many more memories with him and his family. Friday they came with us to watch my little girl participate in the Mutton Busting in Alpine. Being a single mom sometimes I feel bad that KZ doesn't have all the cheerleaders that most married families do. We do have a wonderful family that supports me and KZ. One of the blessings of having Korbin's apart of our family now is they get to be there with us. They love KZ so much and I will forever be grateful for that.
I ran into a couple that we had met with to consider as adoptive parents (before we decided on Keith and Kerri) this last Saturday. It was wonderful to see her and luckily was only a slight bit awkward (which I'm sure was all me feeling it not her) As I drove home I thought about what if we had chose them. It reminds me how perfectly Keith and Kerri have been for us, not only Korbin but for KZ and that is one of the reasons I chose them. Not only could they give him a wonderful life, but they could also make room for my daughter as his sister. Just like everything else in this relationship it just works. Korbin is my daughters brother, but she understands that Keith and Kerri are his parents. Its such a beautiful thing and I am so grateful to them for opening their arms to us. After all they didn't have to....but what a beautiful family this has built. It reassured me again that I know that Korbin is theirs and what an amazing and beautiful family they are.
I spent the 15th ( a sunday) at church and then met with my stake president to receive the final signature for my temple recommend. I am so incredibly excited to get this back for several reasons but a HUGE one is so I can attend the sealing of Korbin to his family. What a beautiful day that will be and I absolutely cannot wait!!!!
I also spent the afternoon with Korbin, Keith and Kerri. I love being in their home, chatting with them about the blessing he has been in their life and of course getting my fill of baby snuggles and kisses. I sure do love that boy and his mama and daddy too :)

1 comment:

  1. i just got my first temple reccomend. having the stake pres sign that thing is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete