Two weekends ago was the FSA National Conference. For those of you who don't know what FSA (Families Support Adoption) is its the non profit organization through LDS Family Services to promote adoption. We have had many oppurtunities to be involved with FSA including a parade in American Fork, some panel chats, and now the conference. What an incredible weekend it was!! I went home and cried because I just wanted to stay in the little adoption bubble there. :)
They had sooooo many amazing classes geared towards all walks of the adoption world. I met other birth moms, adoptive couples, birth fathers, birth grandparents and of course the amazing caseworkers involved with LDS family services!!! I learned and grew so much from this experience.
I want to focus on the theme for a second "Together by Divine Design". Some people can't understand it but for me I truly know that me having Korbin was apart of God's plan for me and him. I beleive that I was here to bring him into this world so he could be with his mom and dad. I believe that God brought us together and I will forever be grateful to him for this union.
No matter how hard it is sometimes facing your "sin" of getting pregnant as a unwed mother. I think that the peace I find in my choice triumphs over all that sadness. I know that God has his hand in this whole crazy experience and I know that I was lucky enough to be able to bring such a beautiful wonderful little boy into this world so he could be sealed to his family.
I had a chance to speak to Brandon and Alisha Doman after Brandon spoke as our keynote speaker. They adopted 4 beautiful children and he shared his families experience with us. It felt so amazing to have such a wonderful connection with people who were complete strangers before. My cousin actually married Brandon's sister and when they found out I was a birthmom they both hugged me. I'm not sure how to put into words how incredible it is to be apart of this "adoption bubble". I admire each and every adoptive couple I have met and I have even said if I could have a baby for each of them I totally would! I also love and adore each birthmom, I sit in aw of all of them and what amazing and selfless women they are.
I really <3 adoption!!!!! So grateful for FSA and for the oppurtunities they give to us to share our story and to heal from our experiences.
If any of you know anyone who is struggling with being single and pregnant please PLEASE refer them to LDS Family Serivces. Wether they are LDS or not, wether they want to place their baby for adoption, or parent they can help them through the process.
It truly is about love........
No comments:
Post a Comment