Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From my arms to hers.....

I know that this picture is my main pic but I feel it is so incredibly amazing that it deserves its own post.
I remember the first time I saw Kerrilyn, she was dressed so adorable, with cute matching jewelry. When we first started emailing she never held back, she wrote back ASAP and wrote so many long emails. Our first meeting she did all the talking :) And I was so grateful for it because I was so incredibly nervous and awkward. I remember DP saying that he loved Kerri because he knew that no matter what happened in Korbin's life she would have things taken care of. Boy is that the truth! She is always on top of everything and goes above and beyond in everything she does. People also say we look like each other, like sisters. She truly has become like a sister to me and I'm so incredibly grateful she has opened herself up to such a wonderful relationship with me and KZ.
I am so grateful that the Lord brought us together and has has created this wonderful family unit. People ask me all the time is it hard to be with him, is it hard to spend time with his family, how does it work? For us it just works, I really feel that we were meant to be a family. No matter how unique it may seem to others I couldn't be happier the way it has turn out.
I remember when I placed her in his arms after signing the reliquishment papers I whispered in her ear "tell him, tell him about the days we spent here together" and she said "you can". I can't explain how our open adoption works but it works perfectly. Sure do love ya Ker :)
The song I posted at the first of this blog I believe fits this picture perfectly. "From Gods arms, to my arms, to yours........"


"He is mine in a way that he will never be hers, yet he is hers in a way that he will never be mine........and so together, we are motherhood."
-Desha Wood

3 comments:

  1. Me? Talked the whole time? I let you guys say a few words.......lol!!! Just wait til you meet grandma Bonnie. It's a family trait. Thanks for the sweet post. And you posted one of my favorite pictures of Keith.........YUMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful baby! love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm seriously crying. What a difficult but special story. Thank you for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete